We are proud to announce that we are partnering with NEDIC (National Eating Disorder Information Centre) in Canada! Five percent of all sales from select women's products will be going directly to NEDIC's Direct Client Support (DCS).
What is NEDIC?
The National Eating Disorder Information Centre (NEDIC) has been helping Canadians affected by eating disorders since 1985. Through their programs and services, they provide information, education, resources, and support to individuals struggling with food and weight preoccupation issues, as well as support to the families, friends, and professionals who care for them. With a focus on promoting self-acceptance and positive self-esteem, NEDIC is committed to reducing risk factors for the development of eating disorders.
What is Direct Client Support?
NEDIC's Direct Client Support (DCS) is Canada’s only national toll-free helpline and instant chat service focusing on supporting individuals living with and affected by eating disorders. Each year, NEDIC helps over 3,200 people through their DCS.
Why Pure Balanxed and NEDIC?For our founder Allie, NEDIC was instrumental in her recovery from her eating disorder (read more about her journey in her blog post) and partnering with NEDIC allows us to give back to an organization that positively impacts Canadians in our communities. NEDIC offers support to those who truly need it. Supporting the Direct Client Support (DCS) is important to us because:
- Eating disorders remain a prevalent mental health concern but receive little attention or funding due to the stigmatized and misunderstood nature of the disorders. It is estimated that 1 million people in Canada are struggling with an eating disorder.
- The wait time to start treatment based program in Canada can range from one month to 12 or even longer.
- Eating Disorders thrive in darkness, we are working as a whole to bring more light to the people who need it!
- No one deserves to suffer alone, support and help should always be a click away!
- We are on a mission but there is only so much we can do on our own. With your help, we can do so much more!